It doesn’t matter if you’re a brand new novice, an experienced online casino player or whether you fall somewhere in between. The fact of the matter is that Blackjack has been and always will be one of the most popular casino games of all time whether you’re playing online or in a live casino.
However, thanks to the explosion of online play in today’s technologically-advanced times, more players than ever are playing from the comfort of their homes or via their mobile devices while on the go.
Now, thanks to the fun-filled version of Blackjack at Bigspin, online players can enjoy a fun-filled game 24 hours a day, 365 days a year! That’s right Blackjack lovers, you can fire up the laptop or sit down at your desktop or whip out your tablet or mobile device and enjoy one of the most popular casino games of all time right now. Better yet, our experienced support staff is available to provide you with any assistance you need, 24 hours a day whether you’re playing for fun or playing for actual real money!
How to Start Playing Blackjack Online at Bigspin
The first thing you need to know about playing Blackjack at Bigspin is that all of your financial transactions are safe and secure thanks to our encrypted security! Not only that, but we also feature modern graphics, a flawless connection and the latest multitude of gaming software in a simple platform that is easy to navigate no matter your experience with online play.
A Brief History of Blackjack
While there is no clear consensus on when Blackjack began, most experts agree that it was some time around 1700 that the game originated in French casinos where it was initially called “Vingt-et-un”, which is 21 in French.
Most experts agree that Blackjack was derived from the French card games, Chemin de Fer, and French Ferme, which were widely popular at that time.
While the game’s rules were vastly different from the ones used in today’s times, the game was generally known as ‘21’ until it gained popularity in Nevada in 1931 as the State first chose to make gambling legal. To help boost its popularity, many casinos then offered a special bet: A hand featuring either of the blackjacks (the Jack of Spades or that of Clubs) plus the Ace of Spades would pay 10-to-1 odds on the lucky player’s bet. Although casinos later discontinued this peculiar payout, the name ‘blackjack’ or ‘black jack’ remained and has been called that ever since.
Now, with the vast increase in technology in recent years, Blackjack can be played online on different platforms in addition to actual live casinos. These advances have helped boost the popularity of the age-old game even more now that players can literally play anywhere!
One of the very best aspects of playing Blackjack is its timeless simplicity! No matter how many players, there are, you’re always playing against the dealer.
The value of each chip is easily displayed on the game’s main screen. Place the amount you want to wager to start in the designated area then hit ‘Deal’ in order to receive your cards. You are then dealt two cards, with one facing up and the other, face down.
Then, depending on the cards you received and the total they add up to, you can then either ‘Hit’ to receive another card from the dealer or ‘stand’ in order to stay with the cards you already have. A third option is also available that allows you to ‘split’ if you received a ‘pair’ meaning two of the same cards (e.g. 6-6, or 9-9). Splitting allows you to make two separate hands with two separate bets. Each available option is always displayed on screen.
The player always makes the first move and the idea is to come as close to 21 without going over that figure or ‘bust’ as it’s called when this happens. Once the dealer completes his turn, the two hands are compared and whoever has come closest to 21, wins. If both hands finish in a draw (often called a push), the player will have their wager (or stake) returned to the bankroll.
Each card from 2-10 is represented by its numerical value. Face cards such as the Jack, Queen or King, Queen are valued at 10 each. The Ace card is the game’s most coveted card and can be valued either at 1 of 11.
The object of the game and the best hand possible is to get Blackjack, which is a combination of one ace (A) and a face card (J, Q, K) or a 10. This hand also awards the highest payout at 3:2.
Strategy and Tips
While every player has their own strategy for playing Blackjack, there are some age-old tips that can help you be more successful no matter which strategy you prefer.
- Bonus Baby: As the old saying goes, ‘If it’s free, it’s for me! Simply put, getting some free cash is never a bad thing. There is a multitude of ways to use your extra cash and ultimately, it gives you more opportunities to win! Of course, there are a bunch of different bonuses such as welcome bonuses, reload bonuses, match bonuses and extra bonuses on specific game titles. Make note, however, that these bonuses generally have rules and restrictions so make sure you read them so you can know when and how you can apply your bonuses.
- Manage That Bankroll: It doesn’t matter which casino game you’re playing or how much you have in your bankroll. Managing your bankroll by setting betting limits for yourself is always a wise thing to do! Create a betting plan and stick to it!
- Be Informed!: The most important tip that you need to know is to be informed! This simply means you need to read and understand the rules and regulations before you ever begin simply playing. It can help you maximize your betting bankroll in a big way!
Here’s a quick review of the available buttons you’ll see when you sit at our blackjack tables.
- Deal: This button starts the ‘deal’ action once all wagers are placed.
- Double/Double Down: The double down option is only available at the start of a game with the two initial cards. This button allows players to place an additional bet for the same amount as the initial wager and draw one more card to see the result.
- Hit: This button allows the player to receive another card from the dealer to try to improve their hand. Of course, if you go over 21, you’re busted!
- Insurance: In today’s Blackjack, any player can take ‘insurance’ against the dealer hitting blackjack and only lose half of their bet when this happens.
- Split: Remember, if you have a pair (e.g. 8-8) you can split the pair to make two separate hands to play during that round. You’ll easily see when the option is available to click on. Just remember that your second hand will carry another wager for the same amount as the original wager.
- Stand: This means you don’t want to receive any more cards and prefer to keep your hand as it is. The dealer finishes playing his/her hand and then both hands are compared. As always, if your hand beats the dealer’s, you will receive a payout.
- Rebet: This button allows you to make a bet using the same amount as previously wagered.
We’ve compiled a basic glossary that will help you understand some of the basic and most commonly used terms, so you can hit the tables with confidence.
- Bankroll: This terminology refers to the total funds available to you in your Real Money account.
- Bet: This is the amount you are risking on a specific wager.
- Betting Limits: Each game has a maximum and minimum amount you can bet.
- Blackjack: The combination of one ace (A) and either a face card (J-Q-K) or a 10. This is the most coveted hand you can get and has a payout of 3:2.
- Bust: This means that the total value of your hand has gone over 21 points. For example: Q-5-8
- Bust Card: The bust card is the one that makes you go over 21.
- Draw: If the player and the dealer have identical hands or identical totals with a different combination of cards, it’s a draw and your original wager is then returned to your bankroll.
- Even Money: This terminology refers to any winning bet that matches your initial bet amount and that pays out a return equal to the original bet (1:1).
- Hole Card: The card that is dealt face down s referred to as the ‘hole’ card.
- Wager: A ‘wager’ is just another way to say “bet”.
How to Open an Account and Play for Real Money
Simply select the ‘Real Money’ option on our website and then select “Create Account”, which you can do by clicking here.
You’ll have a form to fill out and you must complete the required fields. Once you’ve read and understood the terms and conditions, click the Agree box and hit the Create button to activate your account. You will receive an e-mail confirming the account.
After doing this, you’ll need to add funds to your account. Click on Cashier and pick the deposit method that’s best for you, place the amount you want to deposit and follow the instructions to complete the transaction. Once the money is available in your account balance, you can start playing for real cash.
Make sure to check out our bonus page for current promos. You can also join our newsletter and get informed about the latest promos and bonuses.