Traditional, physical slots have always been one of the most popular casino games ever and now, like the vast majority of classic casino games, slots have exploded in online popularity. Just like their traditional counterparts, online slots are widely beloved for their non-stop action and huge payout possibilities. Additionally, slots are simple to play and provide hours of enjoyment.
At Bigspin, you’ll come to love our wide variety of video slots, multi-reel slots and multi-payline slots, as well as multi-spin and progressive jackpot games. You’ll also be pleased to know we offer an immense variety of bonus games, scatter symbols, wild symbols, sticky wilds, expanding wilds and an almost limitless number of free spins.
In addition to playing for free, you’ll also be stunned at what amounts to some of the biggest payouts offered in online slots with our progressive jackpots. Better yet, our multitude of slots are available to play 24/7 and can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own home or on the go via mobile device or tablet. Last but not least, we also offer a special online bonus to boost your bankroll. Make sure you check out all of our latest offers on the Promotions page by clicking here.
Where Do Slots Come From?
Slot machines originated sometime around the 1880s, although there are two different versions as to who created them.
One version of history is that the first device was the Liberty Bell machine, invented by an American named Charles Fey in 1887. It was relatively simple, featuring just three reels and five symbols: a Liberty Bell (hence the name) along with a horseshoe, a heart, a diamond, and a spade.
The other version of history is that Fey didn’t develop his machine until later, in 1895 while the first device was in fact created in 1891 by two men named Sittman and Pitt. This machine was loosely based on poker, although there were only 50 cards used.
These 50 cards were featured on five spinning drums (10 on each), which would display a five-card poker hand on each spin. The better the hand displayed, the more a player could win.
There were some similarities and differences between these two devices. Both required a player to pull a lever to start the reels or drums spinning, and it was this aspect that led to slot machines being known as one-armed bandits.
The basic principle of both was also the same in that players inserted a coin and won certain amounts based on the result of the spin.
One of the main differences between the two was that the Liberty Bell had a mechanism that automatically dispensed coins depending on the result of the spin, while the machine developed by Sittman and Pitt did not.
Later, in the 1960s and 1970s, electromagnetically controlled designs were built, altering slots forever. The lever was now removed while exciting features and bonus features were added to make the games more exciting.
Now, in today’s technologically advanced times, online slot players can win some of the largest prizes everyone while literally trying their luck 24 hours a day.
What Are the Game Rules for Online Slots?
Online slots are very simple to play. First, you place your bet, then spin the reels. You can use any bonus features and collect your payout when you hit a winning combination. Of course, with the multitude of slot games available today, there are plenty of differences when it comes to design, game style, special features and payouts to keep you playing for hours on end.
- Classic Slots: Classic slots have spinning reels and can have anywhere from one to several paylines that players can activate. You win if the symbols on your activated paylines match one of the winning combinations on the payout table. Activated paylines can be found either horizontally, vertically and, in some cases, diagonally on the reels.
- Video slots: Video slots are almost identical to classic slots except they have more bonus features and are generally far more visually stunning, particularly when you hit winning combinations. Another big difference from classic to new-age video slots is that paylines on video slots can often be far more unusual and complicated, with crisscross, zigzag and V-shaped patterned payouts.
Again, there are generally far more bonus features to be aware of in online video slots as opposed to classic slots so make sure you’re paying attention to all of your chances to win. If you activate any bonus features, these will play out before you are awarded your winnings for that round.
Strategy and Tips
The following tips can help improve your time overall experience at our online slots.
- Keep Bets Low and Repetitions High: The best way of increasing your chances of winning is to have more activated paylines in action. Keep your coin level low so you can play for a longer period of time.
- Learn the Special Features: If the slot game you’re playing has a bonus feature, make sure you are prepared for it. Not all bonus games are the same, so you should know what to expect to prevent making any mistakes.
- Bet Max in Progressive Games: If the game has a progressive jackpot, this means you could get a higher payout if you click the Bet Max button. If you don’t click on it and win, you’ll still get a payout, but it won’t be as much as the jackpot. It’s a useful feature as it lets you bet all possible lines, including the progressive jackpot side bet and spin the reels in a single move.
Game Buttons Information
Here is an expert overview of our vast list of game buttons so you can hit the tables with everything you need to get the best experience.
- AutoPlay: Clicking the AutoPlay button allows you to set the presets for several games in a row, without having to set your wager and number of activated paylines each time. If you select this option, you need to set your desired coin level, the number of lines you wish to activate, and then specify the number of games you wish to play in a row. You cancel the feature at any time by simply clicking the Stop button.
- Bet Max: This button activates all possible payline bets and also starts the reels spinning. Simply set your coin level and then click Bet Max to play.
- Bet One: Click this to bet on a single payline at a time. When you’re ready to spin the reels, hit the Spin button to set the game in motion.
- Spin: Click this button to play the game by setting the reels spinning.
- Settings: This button is located at the top right corner of your screen. It gives access to many useful settings options such as game history, general settings, audio and games settings, and the game’s rules.
Here are some common terms to help you at the reels:
- Bonus Game: You get an additional game by hitting a specific combination on the reels. It offers additional rewards such as free spins, cash prizes, multipliers and extra one-off features.
- Coin Level: This option shows you the amount you want to bet per activated payline. The cost of any wager is one bet per activated line. For example, if you play 10 lines on any online slots game, the cost to your bankroll will be 10x your coin amount.
- Free Spin: This means you get a free game, with no additional cost to your bankroll.
- Multiplier: The multiplier does just that. It multiplies your winnings. For example, if you won $100 and you earn a multiplier of 3x, 10x, or 100x, you would win $300, $3000, or $30,000 respectively.
- Paylines: Paylines are often different for each game and the number you can activate varies from game to game. Payouts are made on activated lines only. Also, take into consideration that progressive jackpots can only be activated if all other possible paylines are activated first.
- Progressive Jackpot: The progressive jackpot is one that can keep increasing the jackpot on a linked machine and has no upper limit, making these some of the best payouts available.
- Scatter: The scatter button means that no matter where this symbol lands, it can reward you. It does not need to sit on an activated payline.
Open an Account and Play for Real Money
If you’re looking to make an account with us, you need to click on Join Now and fill out the web form displayed. The information required to create the account is for security purposes. Once you’ve read the terms and conditions, click the Agree box. You’ll receive confirmation of the new account. If you haven’t read our terms and conditions, you can do so by clicking here.
Once your account is created, it’s time to make your first deposit. You would have to click on the Cashier area, choose your preferred payment method, specify how much money you want to deposit, and then follow the on-screen instructions from your chosen provider until the transaction is complete.